Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Rest In Peace Steve Irwin

When celebrities die, I usually don't give a rats ass unless they touched me emotionally, or sexually in some way. So when I heard that The Croc hunter died, I was freaking devastated. That dude was so passionate about what he did, about what he loved and what he believed in. As a kid, I would watch nature shows until my eyes bled. I was quite a bit older when first watched the Croc hunter, but God damn... I was blown away. I thought this guy was freaking nuts!!! But he was freaking awesome as hell. I never saw anyone do what he did... sure, it was insane... but most of the time, it was for the safety and well being of the animal, as well as the people around him. He put his life on the line for conservation, and he risked his life to teach us things about animals that no other wildlife show would dare do. He opened the door for other nature shows in the same vein, and basically brought The Discovery Channel back to life and made it interesting again. He wasn't just "another celebrity" that no one should care about if he died or not. He was the freaking man. He was awesome. Sure he was monkey nuts, but he was monkey nuts for what he loved. He died creating a show for children. Unlike other celebrities, OD'ed on a hotel toilet.. yet celebrated for decades and soon to be milenniums. He died trying to teach you and your kids awesome stuff, and to get them to love nature and conservation and animals and everything awesome on God's green earth. I respect that shit like a motherfucker. Rest in peace Steve Irwin. You were the freaking man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home