Friday, July 21, 2006

... and now for a weekend update

Hello again everyone... all none thousand of you. Here I am to update myself to the none of you that read this. Me trying to learn Japanese is going pretty well, although without anyone to practice with, it gets kinda boring and such. I guess I'd rather have another set of ears because in my head, I think that my pronunciation is spot on perfect, but it would be mighty fine to have someone listen to me and then to further correct my dumb ass. Just in case I am offending someone's family and/or The Shaolin Temple. In either case, Bruce Lee would come and kick my sorry ass, and I wouldn't want to interupt his intense Mah Jong game with Tupac, Biggie and Steve McQueen to in order to do so. Anyways, learning one language is kinda dull in my humble opinion, so I decided that I'm gonna go ahead and try to also learn Mandarin Chinese and Korean on top of the Japanese lessons that I have tasked myself to accomplish. Ni Hoi Shwo Poh Tong Hwo Ma??? Hai, watashi wa skoshi hanasemas.... demo mada jyozu ja arimasen. Anata wa nihongo ga wakarimaska??? Hwo Hwoi shwo yee thyar. I guess that's a romanized conversation between a chinese dude, speaking the "common language" and a japanese cat, wondering if either of them speak the other one's language, and they both can speak it... but only a little bit. So far, I've been able to learn a little bit faster having to try and learn multiple languages at the same time. The harder my brain works to keep things seperate, the easier it is for me to retain stuff. Why this method didn't work for me in college is beyond me... maybe it was because I wasn't interested.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good move on the Mandarin learning. It's actually pretty easy and I can see you're coming along fine from the rominazation of sorts.

8/01/2006 10:57:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn said...

I have no freaking clue as to how I got to your blogger... somehow, someway I founf it through the boards.. went to miltownkids blog and got yours...

bed rest sucks.. it makes me very bored.. and as big as I am now, its very hard to do the things I like, like sewing.

Anyways.. Im with you on the whole learning Japanese thing.. Ive been learning for a while now, though I lost the urge to when I didnt have anyone to talk to/practice with. I did great when I was taking lessons, since my teacher was from Japan and would sometimes only talk in Japanese and make me figure it out myself... for some reason talking to myself in the mirror just doesnt cut it... and now Ive lost most of what I had learned since theres no one to practice with.

Will keeps aying hes gonna put Rosetta Stone on my computer, but he hasnt yet. Im actually quite curious to see how that is.

I know someone who knows like 5 languages... he said once you teach yourself one, the others come easily. Hes also a frikkin genius.. but I wont hold that against him..

Sorry, Im bored... and Im taking it out on you. YEAY!!! Congrats.

8/11/2006 09:40:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home