Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Progress Report!!!

Dude, life is nuts. Leave it to the powers above to fuck shit up, when life finally starts working out. Long story short. Had a CPA do my taxes in 2004, fast forward to 2006, and I get a letter in the mail, saying that she royally screwed some stuff up, and I owe the IRS nearly 2500 bucks. The best part... it's due in September... not even a full month away. I go in tomorrow to set things straight, and try and work some shit out. I hear if H&R Block messes up, they take the hit. We'll see if this chick is up to task, if not, it's off to the Better Business Bureau, cause that's a lot of money to be dropping on such short notice. And to everyone that's thinking.... why didn't you look it over??? Dude, when you pay someone to do it, you shouldn't hafta look it over. If I knew what I was looking for, I would've done it myself. And if everyone knew what they were doing, then there would be absolutely no need for CPA's in this world. Anyways, onto the progress report. I've put learning Chinese on hold for a minute so that I can focus on Japanese, and also on classes which start very soon. I've spent about three hours late last night learning the Katakana chart, and I've pretty much committed it to memory. Every character, every stroke, (in pen form), and every pronunciation is stuffed inside my noggin, waiting to be put to use some day. At first, I thought it would be impossible to remember all of them, but for some reason, my memory was working overtime, and I just started remembering everything. Now I just hafta keep jotting them down occassionally during the day so that it['s completely ingrained in my memory banks. Now, I need to learn Hiragana, which is the exact same chart as Katakana, but with different characters. Why the Japanese need two character sets for the same pronunciations is beyond me... but who am I to question??? I guess one is for Japanese derived words, and the other for foreign derived words. Either way, they're making it much harder than it really needs to be. Also... School Rumble is the shit. I've learned that when trying to learn Japanese, girly romance comedies are awesome because they have a lot of quirky inside jokes, not everyone speaks in the super humble way that most study guides and books try and teach you, and it's easier to try and predict what is gonna be said than in an action anime. Also, most of the time, rather, more often than in a boy's action cartoon, I can see people talking like they do in a girly romance anime in real life... their interactions with friends and such, being stupid, thinking to themselves, and cracking jokes. Sure, I can learn Japanese from a boy's action anime... but when will I go running down the street, screaming... "POWERFURRO SUPAH BEAM ATTACK PUUUUNCHHHHUUU!!!!" And thinking to myself, "the world is in ruins, I must use my esper to defeat the evil that has engulfed the world of Spicer, and rebuild our homeland... this evil must be defeated"... or "I must look into the heart of darkness to find the strength to level up and destroy the false king of Zabaru". Not very often. Anyhoo... leave a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home