Friday, January 21, 2005

Blogger Log: Heh Heh... I Said Log

January 21st, 2005 School starts on Monday. Heh heh, this is gonna be fun. I've had a five year hiatus from school and now I go back fresh as a clean pressed pair of Dockers. What do I remember??? Not much. I mainly remember skipping class to go play pool in the pool hall because school was so shitty lame. But those days are over. Having made mistakes when I was younger have made me realize just how dumb I was. When I look back, paying almost 2500 a semester to play pool is just insane. Kids, if you ever have to pay for school, or if someone else is paying for your education, don't take it for granted. I did learn how to play some wicked poolio. But the main point is that I've realized that a college degree is what is needed to take you from making shit for cash to the big bucks. All people care about is that shitty piece of paper that says you succesfully paid for your fucking shitty education. And the longer you're in school the better. Nevermind that you can't tell a stop sign from a homeless person, you have what it takes to lead a team of ten into the untested waters of adulthood, and you get a leg up because you paid for a lifejacket. Nah, I'm not salty that having 6 years of retail and professional business to business sales experience isn't enough for many companies to hire you... but having no experience but having a 4 year dance instruction degree gets a foot in the door. It's all good. Life rocks.

1 Comments:

Blogger JOBNUMBER said...

Thanks, I'm very appreciative.

1/29/2005 04:14:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home